Identify impurities in gases to minimise manufacturing failures
High quality specialty gases are vital to many industrial processes, especially to those related to electronics, semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries. Trace impurities present in the gases used by these industries are controlled from parts per million (ppm) to parts per trillion (ppt) levels. Trace impurity gases must be detected in critical manufacturing processes requiring cleanroom conditions to meet Good Manufacturing Practices. Adequate quality assurance (QA) and rapid identification of impurities in gases is essential in reducing process manufacturing failures for these industries.
TÜV SÜD has the experience and competence in providing gas analysis services to electronic industries, semiconductor and wafer manufacturers, and pharmaceutical industries.
Product Quality Control
- Purity check of ultrapure gases – quality and integrity of gases
- Identification of trace impurities (CO, CO2, N2O, O2, hydrocarbons, particles, trace elements) present in bulk gases (Ar, H2, He, N2, O2, etc) including impurity profiling
- Multi-component gas analysis and studies on product failures related to gas quality
Process Quality Control
- Cleanliness evaluation of gas delivery systems, efficiency of gas purifiers and efficiency of gas exhaust treatment system
- Cleanroom air quality assessment for the presence of trace inorganic and organic gaseous contaminants by IC, ICP-MS and GC-MS