As technology has moved on, the use of electro-sensitive protective equipment (ESPE) has significantly increased. Items such as light guards and laser scanners are more prevalent in use than ever before and whilst they may have benefits in terms of output and production over more traditional types of guarding, their role within the safety related parts of the control system (SRP/CS) cannot be underestimated.
Engineers from TÜV SÜD have vast experience of all types of machinery safety assessments and remedial engineering. Due to customer demand, TÜV SÜD now offers a stand-alone ESPE periodic inspection and test service.
Our services at a glance
- Ensure additional safeguards are provided to prevent access to the danger zone from directions not covered by the ESPE
- Inspect and test primary machine control elements to ensure correct functionality
- Inspect the stopping performance monitor (if fitted)
- Inspecting the position to ensure the correct distance from the danger zone
- Test the detection capability
- Test the overall response time