With the onset of globalisation, supply chain management is now more important than ever. As opportunities to reach new customers in new markets arise, firms also face greater competition and supply chain risks resulting from increasing supply chain complexity, decreasing access to information and greater demand for higher quality in a shorter time, all at a lower cost. To mitigate such risks, effective management of supplier relationships is essential on a global scale.
About Supply Chain Service
Supply chain service is a solution based approach consisting of various aspects of project management, to overcome the challenges and supply chain risks brought about by globalisation, changing customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
This service is especially relevant for EPC’s global construction projects & where materials are procured from vendors worldwide, leading to widespread and interconnected supply chains that requires complex project management.
Essentially, it is a systematic approach of inspection and certification of materials, equipments and plants at various phases of a global project including procurement, construction and commissioning. The second party service will support organisations in achieving their project milestones and goals.
Importance of Supply Chain Service
As organisations enter new markets and deal with suppliers and customers across borders, their supply chains become more complex and pose a higher risk to business continuity. Visibility across the entire supply chain is therefore an imperative for organisations conducting business globally.
Supply chain service can support an organisation in overcoming the following challenges to remain competitive on the global platform:
- Globalisation has led to an increase of cross-border sourcing, changing the focus to specialisation and the outsourcing of non-core activities. The workload for a specialised organisation has also increased by many folds. Supply chain services is a must to handle global procurement effectively in terms of quality, cost and timeline.
- End customers now expect to have high end technology and quality products delivered to them in a shorter period of time, at optimum cost. With the reduction in project construction costs and duration, and increase of safety and regulatory requirements, it complicates the risk faced by the buyers. Buyers need to ensure that quantity and quality of goods they receive is consistent with specifications and very specifically in case of overseas suppliers.
- Buyers are unable to bear the costs of repair, rework and delay. Buyers wishing to take advantage of the price benefit (low cost) brought by globalisation must ensure quality conformity in order to maintain the value of their brands.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you mitigate supply chain risks and reap the full benefits of a globalised supply chain, TÜV SÜD’s experts will cover all the key aspects of Supply Chain Management over a complimentary webinar. Webinar details as follows:
Date: 5th November 2019
Time: 1.30pm ICT
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s Supply Chain Expert
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- Introduction to Supply Chain Services
- Supply Chain Services and Solution
- Value addition by TÜV SÜD
- Case Studies of Reference Projects
- Q&A Session
Click here, for more information about TÜV SÜD’s Supply Chain services.
Who should attend this webinar
- Project management personnel
- Project director / Project lead / Project manager / Project engineer / Project supervisor
- Sourcing personnel
- Head of sourcing / Lead sourcing manager / Strategic sourcing manager / Sourcing manager / Sourcing engineer
- Lead expeditor / Expeditor
- Procurement personnel
- Procurement Director / Procurement manager / Procurement specialist / Procurement engineer / Procurement executive
- Quality personnel
- Director Quality / Head of quality / Quality Manager / Quality Engineer
- Inspection Engineer / Inspector
Business Benefits of Supply Chain Management
- Enhance profitability – by saving time and cost for repair and rework. With TÜV SÜD’s global network of supply chain experts, efficient inspection, expediting and monitoring by experts located near your manufacturer locations can help you reduce costs marginally.
- Improve product quality – through conformance to project requirements, national and international code and standard. TÜV SÜD provides support at every stage of procurement including purchase requisition, vendor selection, quality check during manufacturing, packing, loading, shipment, unloading and storage.
- Reduce time for project delivery – with expediting services provided by supply chain service provider, allowing for timely response, and queries being resolved in a short time.
- Enhance product safety & reliability – via adherence to process, procedure, inspection and monitoring at different stages of manufacturing.
- Protect your brand & reputation – through ensuring quality and on schedule smooth completion of plant, leading to more trust and confidence from your customers.
- Reliable database of good vendors at optimum cost – which will provide insights on the manufacturers’ process, procedure and commitment, allowing organisations to make informed decisions.
- Optimal resource utilisation – via effective allocation of available employees (including EPC office) for various project activities by the supply chain service provider on behalf of the company & as per directions of the engineer. As a supply chain service provider, TÜV SÜD supports the organisation’s personnel with our technical expertise & experience, in performing their work activities as an extended arm.
- Draw upon global support– with TÜV SÜD’s strong international and regional presence, providing a high level of knowledge in most markets, backed up by local expertise.
We strongly recommend that you undertake supply chain services, to enhance your supply chain processes.
A comprehensive session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have in managing your supply chain, enabling you to drive continual innovation through your supply chain and differentiate your organisation to remain competitive in the global economy.
To know more about TÜV SÜD’s Supply Chain Service offerings, please call us on +66 2 564 8041 or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are participating in the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) from 11th - 14th November 2019. See you at the TÜV SÜD Booth no. 13455 @ German Pavilion, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) - Hall 13!