Safeguard your customers’ information in the age of e-commerce
With the popularity of online shopping and banking services, credit card transactions are growing at a tremendous rate. Consequently, the threat of credit fraud is also on the rise. To create an additional level of protection for card issuers and ensure that merchants meet minimum levels of security when they store, process and transmit data obtained from the cardholder, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was created for organisations handling payment services containing cardholder information.
About Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
The global PCI standards define specific requirements for the different areas in processing card payments which are set and agreed with among stakeholders such as banks, merchants and payment services providers. PCI compliance is required for all merchants that store, transmit or process payment card information. Knowledge of and compliance with data security standards can bring major benefits to your business, while failure to comply can have serious and long-term negative consequences.
Business Benefits of being PCI Compliant
- Improve marketability - By certifying that you are PCI compliant, your reputation and trust from your customers and partners increase. Confident customers are more likely to come back and recommend your business to their network, thus driving profitability as well.
- Minimise risk - Through consistent achievement of compliance according to the requirements, you ensure that your payment services are secure.
- Increased adaptability - With PCI certification, your business will be prepared to comply with future regulations. You will also be able to identify ways to improve the IT infrastructure of your business, thus increasing productivity.
- Global presence - TÜV SÜD’s stable of international experts are well-equipped to apply a beneficial external view on your processes, thus minimising existing risks and enhancing your reputation within the industry.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand how the PCI Standards can mitigate payment card security issues, TÜV SÜD’s expert will covers all aspects of PCI DSS over a complimentary webinar.
Date: 2nd April 2019
Time: 2.30 pm SGT
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s PCI DSS Expert
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- Overview of PCI requirements, how they enhance data security, and support compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard
- Roles and responsibilities of key players in the compliance process – including overviews of the Internal Security Assessor (ISA), Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), and Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) programs
- PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) overview
- PCI reporting overview
- What constitutes PCI compliance
- Synopsis of the infrastructure used by organizations to accept payment cards and communicate with verification and payment facilities
- Q & A session
Click here, for more information on PCI DSS.
We strongly recommend that you undertake PCI compliance, to ensure healthy and trustworthy payment card transactions for your customers who use their cards, and allow your business to gain customer trust by showing that you have implemented internationally recognised best practices for processing card payments.
A comprehensive PCI DSS session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have on your process / operations - starting with an in-depth assessment, evaluating risk to proposing solutions.
To know more about PCI DSS, please call us on +66 2 564 8041 or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.