Demonstrating the responsible origin of your wood and paper products
The demand for wood, paper and other forest products sourced from well-managed forests continues to grow. Consumers and business partners want assurance that your products come from responsibly managed sources that limit their damage to the forest environment and forest-dependent indigenous communities. Your business must also prove that your goods come exclusively from legal sources as required by the EU Timber Regulation, the Lacey Act in the U.S., or similar legislative requirements.
Forest certification systems, such as the “Forest Stewardship Council®” (FSC®) are established to assure consumers that certified wood or paper products actually come from sustainably managed forests.
About FSC® Chain of Custody (CoC) Certification
The Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC) is a nonprofit organisation that set standards for forestry practices with the aim of promoting environmentally responsible and socially beneficial forestry. Wood products such as furniture can be labelled as FSC certified if they meet the high standards set by the organisation.
Business Benefits of FSC® CoC Certification
- Proof of mark – by featuring the prestigious FSC trademark on your products and packaging.
- Gain a competitive edge – by targeting purchasers who increasingly prefer to select wood and paper products that are originally sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Enhance your brand image – as a company in the forest product sector that is environmentally aware.
- Improve transparency – by having your business listed as a certified company on the FSC® website.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand how you can assure customers that your company only uses legal sources and responsibly managed forests for its material, TÜV SÜD’s expert will cover all the key aspects of FSC® CoC Certification over a complimentary webinar. Webinar details as follows:
Date: 13th March 2019
Time: 2:00 pm ICT
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s FSC® CoC Certification Expert - Mr. Sebastian Hetsch
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- A brief overview to FSC certification
- An introduction to the technical FSC certification requirements for companies in the supply chain (“Chain of Custody”)
- An overview of market for certified forest products
- What is FSC® CoC Certification?
- Importance of FSC® CoC Certification
- Challenges faced by companies & The need for FSC® CoC Certification
- Q & A session
Click here, for more information on FSC® CoC Certification.
Who should attend this webinar
This webinar is ideal for manufacturers and traders along the supply chain of wood and paper products. It is intended to address companies that want to familiarise themselves with the standard, as well as companies that have already established the FSC standard and would like to receive further details of the standard.
- Technical managers
- Product managers
- Quality directors
- Quality assurance departments
- Consumer products manufacturer
To know more about TÜV SÜD’s FSC® CoC Certification offerings, please call us on +66 2 564 8041 or mail us on email@example.com
FSC Certification is provided through the Certification Body at TÜV SÜD Czech sro (License code FSC A000530).